It's a fact that Belize City acts as the transportation hub of the country. A well-known shuttle route is Belize City to San Ignacio. Visitors who are arriving at International Airport (BZE) in Ladyville, the Water Taxi from San Pedro and Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker, will then need to travel to San Ignacio, Hopkins, Dangriga or Placencia.
Info on Flights to Belize from the US, Canada, and other countries...
There are five (5) ways of getting around in Belize:
- The Water Taxi - The recommended way of traveling to Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker from Belize City.
- Car Rentals - This is not an option we recommend, advanced booking is best. Ask all the questions, Belize ranks as a third world country. The people are friendly, but if a problem should arise, getting stranded on the road is not part of your vacation.
- Public Buses - Our only recommendation is if you have to. Public bus runs in all six (6) districts and the best time to travel would be around noon.
- Airplane - Both Tropic Air and Maya Island Air fly's throughout the country. A little waiting in a Terminal is needed. The price is somewhat OK and flight time is about 15 to 30 minutes depending on your destination.
- Private and shared ground Transfers - Saving the best for last! A shuttle saves you money and time. A shuttle can be arranged for a round trip with a driver to transfer you to your destination. Our drivers often serve as ambassadors. They can answer any question you may have and are quick to point out stops along the way. No need to look out for them, they will be waiting for you.
Transportation between Belize City and San Ignacio
Focusing on getting from Belize City to San Ignacio. A flight would be the quickest way with less opportunity to see the country. Ground Transportation allows a little more time to experience. Thinking of Uber! Uber is not available in Belize, there are plenty of reliable transfer providers.
We won't discuss taking the buses, if you do, do so at your own risk. Car rentals are a good idea but not without a driver. In most cases, the rental company is the only place you can rely on help in case of a road emergency.
Here's why we say that Shuttle transfers are the best of all other options. Our drivers are there to meet you at your location. During your transfer, stops and points of interests are a great way of exploring our country. A Round Trip transfer can be arranged on your travel time.
Driving from Phillip Goldson International Airport (BZE) in Belize City to San Ignacio.
From the International Airport, You travel on the Northern Highway, then turn left on the Boom road. Pass the Prison, then turn right of the round-a-bout a Hattieville. Take the Western highway to a second round-a-bout which is Belmopan City. Continue going west all the way to San Ignacio Town.
From Belize City - Take the Western Highway, passing the round-a-bout in Hattieville. A second round-a-bout near Belmopan City, from there, it's on to San Ignacio Town.
Finally, William's Belize Shuttle Service is the most reliable and comfortable shuttle for traveling to a destination in southern Belize. One-way or Round Trip via our shuttle service is one of the best ways to travel.
Our shuttle service is your answer to the following questions.
- How to get to Placencia from Belize City?
- How to get to Hopkins from Belize City?
- How to get to Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker from San Ignacio?
We just had to mention the big island.